Search Engine

171 Threads found on Hall Current
Hi, I need to control the output current of a flyback converter to be constant using the dsPIC33FJ64MC802. the converter is to drive a 20W high power LED. I am using a hall effect sensor (LEM, LTSR 6NP)for output current sensing. i want to maintain my output current to a constant value of 1A. i have checked the application (...)
Its possible on several ways, such as voltage divider, hall sensor for voltage, prim/sec transformer. But is there is purpose of measuring 0-240V? Usually voltage oscillations are monitored let say between 160V - 270V.
What I gather from your post is that you want to design a sort of undercurrent and overcurrent protection. You need a means of reading the current. You can do this using shunt resistor, current transformer or hall-effect sensor. Your method will depend on AC/DC and cost factor. Then you need to compare the (...)
Hi all, I need to suspend a metal ball by using coil and PIC. Any document will be helpful. I will be using a hall effect sensor to sense the position of the ball so that i can adjust the current going to the coils. So here i need your help. To make this control i need to use PIC and don't know how to control current through coil
Did not deal with the idea of ​​building one current probe to the oscilloscope? I was looking at professional probe with hall sensor and found schema of one of them (desing 60 years) Someone did not build something like this or know of a more contemporary design? Alternatively welcome discussion of transistor amplifier in Figure The
83508 In this fig what are the transistor pairs doing?
For ease of use, you can use a current transformer or a hall-effect sensor. They wouldn't necessarily be cheap though.
Use microcontroller PIC or AVR and their ADC. Use current sensors CT (current Transformer) or hall Sensor to sense current. Resistor shunt also can be used. You can also use dedicated IC for this purposes as this examples:
An AC measurement with hall sensor would preferably eliminate the DC offset (presumed there's no DC current involved), then resolution will be mainly limited by sensors noise, which should be about 100 mA peak-peak for the 30 A sensor according to the datasheet.
LED bar graphs respond to a voltage input. You need something to sense the AC current. One device is a hall effect IC, this will give a variable output depending on the magnetic field, so if it placed in close contact with a single in your AC line, the field due to the current will operate it. Anther technique is to use a (...)
Hello guys, I am trying to design an IGBT based welding system and i have some questions : For current control, we need to a feedback and i know that usually Shunt resistor used for these systems. 1) would be better that we use hall effect instead of shunt resistor (at output) or not? 2) How about CT transformer? any suggestion would be h
You would need a means of measuring the current and determining if it is within the overload limit. Shunt may be used. But with increasing power, required resistance will be VERY low to keep losses low. Keep the losses in mind when designing the circuitry. You may look at other current sensing methods, such as hall-effect sensor. Hope (...)
I assume that you mean a power inverter (DC to AC "step-up" converter). You would need a means of sensing the current. You can use a shunt for this or a current transformer or a hall-effect sensor. A hall-effect sensor may be best, but is likely to be very expensive. You can use a shunt, but keep in mind, the voltage and (...)
Hey guys, Just a small issue regarding ALLEGRO ACCS714 hall effect breakout module. I've connected the current passing from the supply to load, in series, to the IC input pins exactly as the schematic on this
The term hall current probe isn't quite clear, I think. I would use it for DC current sensors with open magnetical path, based on hall effect sensors. Like this instrument
Hi again If you are working on 11kV , there are many hall effect sensors ( to measure voltage and current in pretty high rates ) available . did you tried them ?
You need to measure current. THe inductor should be saturating. ( but just barely, too much and it becomes inefficient at max load.) If you have a hall Effect current probe great. Otherwise. insert a non-inductive power resistor than might create a 0.1V drop above ground and use single ended probes . e.g. the ground path of the NC
The Error is minimized and reach to the possible actual value in simulation, however practically the circuit is not working and seems something is wrong. I can pass to you the design simulation in Proteus and MPLAB hi-tech, and please make your comment on what may be the possibilities that practically i am not receiving the sa
There two basic ways to measure current. By voltage drop across resistance and by measuring magnetic field created by current passing through wire. hall effect sensor can be bought that give pretty good resolution. Look for closed loop hall effect sensor for best accuracy. They have an amplifier that drives the magnet (...)
Hello! I need a circuit for measuring 120 Amps. current transducer or hall effect Sensing is what I need. I also need the necessary op-amp amplification circuit for interfacing with pic18f4620. I like to use PCB mount type contact less current transducers. Thanks internetuser2k11