Search Engine

Hall Current Sensing

Add Question

31 Threads found on Hall Current Sensing
Hello We wish to sense 200mA of current max in a LED drive circuit and there will be 200v of potential between the current sense bit and the output signal bit. No hall sensors seem to do low these are all up to at least 20A
i think you can get hall sensors specifically for mains measurement too. - - - Updated - - - if you are sensing for mains with a transformer and dont need to draw current as such, you still need fairly some size because of the build up of magnetising current.
Also consider a hall sensor. At 800A you may find you can mount it near your wiring at some strategic angle or position, with no need to disconnect existing wires.
I am using an acs712-30a hall effect sensor module for measuring ac current interfaced to adc of atmega16. I have taken load as a 15 watt bulb and my supply is 230v AC. Now, the problem I'm facing is that, I am not getting the proper value of curent. What all formulaes shall I use to get the required value of current?
I am using a hall effect transdcuer to measure AC current form a 230v supply. The current is between 0 and 1A. I want to convert the output voltage from the transdcuer to a dc votage and feed it into a summing amp. I can't find a method to do this
Use hall switch. He can measure RPM or rotating rotor at all. Lots of fans have already embedded hall switch sensor. If speed is under normal speed or 0 RPM this tell you to check fan. Pay attention on Cool&Quiet option. Best regards, Peter
Hi, I need to control the output current of a flyback converter to be constant using the dsPIC33FJ64MC802. the converter is to drive a 20W high power LED. I am using a hall effect sensor (LEM, LTSR 6NP)for output current sensing. i want to maintain my output current to a constant value of 1A. i have (...)
Use microcontroller PIC or AVR and their ADC. Use current sensors CT (current Transformer) or hall Sensor to sense current. Resistor shunt also can be used. You can also use dedicated IC for this purposes as this examples:
You would need a means of measuring the current and determining if it is within the overload limit. Shunt may be used. But with increasing power, required resistance will be VERY low to keep losses low. Keep the losses in mind when designing the circuitry. You may look at other current sensing methods, such as hall-effect (...)
I assume that you mean a power inverter (DC to AC "step-up" converter). You would need a means of sensing the current. You can use a shunt for this or a current transformer or a hall-effect sensor. A hall-effect sensor may be best, but is likely to be very expensive. You can use a shunt, but keep in mind, (...)
Hello! I need a circuit for measuring 120 Amps. current transducer or hall effect sensing is what I need. I also need the necessary op-amp amplification circuit for interfacing with pic18f4620. I like to use PCB mount type contact less current transducers. Thanks internetuser2k11
I found an ic that can sense the current of my battery. I want to take my 12V battery and interface it to a microcontroller via the attached hall effect sensor so that my microcontroller can tell me how much current my battery is providing to the load. The ic has pin 1-2 as
I have an equipment which draws ~40 A (AC) when it is in operation and 3 A when it is idling. I want to know whether this equipment is working. I only have access to power lines. Can I use 5A hall Effect-Based Linear current Sensor for this (based on ACS712)? Can I sp
I've managed to find a really nice hall-effect type linear current sensor package from Honeywell sensing and Control. Its the CS series and has the hall-effect sensor embedded into a ring-concentrator, all in a nice package. Trouble is - I'm having trouble finding anywhere that can get me one. Digikey have one model (...)
For DC currents use "hall Effect" while for AC currents use "Inductive" hall Effect sensor has a core, hall Effect device and signal conditioning circuitry. The current conductor passes through a magnetically permeable core that concentrates the co
How are you measuring the current? current sense resistor? hall-effect?
the problem is that all these solutions involve breaking the mains line and inserting the sensing element in series with the load, and this could be dangerous.. hall effect sensors should be good for the job, similar to the ones used in clamp type multi-meters... thanks a
LA 55 has a current output, that is usually converted to a voltage by a shunt. The voltage supply has to be referred to the same ground as the shunt and won't be isolated. A simple level shifting OP circuit can be used to adapt voltange range and offset to your requirements. For moderate accuracy requirements, LEM has hall sensors with 5V supply
Hi guys, My application is sensing of charging and discharging of battery and giving the hall sensor output to controller which senses only positive voltages. so i need to level shift the output voltage of hall sensor. hall sensor used is LA55-P. Anyone please give me the circuit for interfacing hall (...)
how did you do it??..m goin to work on it the 1st time..i want to measure a load current(DC) of 500A using micro-controller..m gona use CS3505..and a torroidal core...thats it...thats all i know..m trying to build it on my own..i dont know anything about how much flux is induced in wat core and its relation to the voltage generated on Vout of 35