Search Engine

Potential Transformer

Add Question

23 Threads found on Potential Transformer
If circuit is properly grounded (and all safety measurements is taken care of so that ground potential can't disconnect without disconnecting the live parts first) you can always use a capacitive voltage divider. Because of the risk of electric shock I would in general not reccomend this solution.
Look guys neutral is only at earth potential at the supply transformer. Elsewhere it can be anything, though under normal conditions, its the I X R drop on the out of balance current causing a problem. We used to have a 6V bulb connected from N-E and it would flicker all the time and some times burn out. Frank
I think this option has more potential if you reduce the coupling capacitors and apply more damping. - - - Updated - - - Measurements on a breadboard test circuit also look promising. Trace one is the primary drive signal and lower trace measured on the gate of main FET.
For current you can use current transformer and to detect the value of current, with help of OP-AMP or HALL sensor connected to ADC For Voltage you can use potential transformer (which reduces your actual voltage in 1:N ratio, this can used for measuring large voltage values) and for detecting the exact voltage, with OP-AMP, (...)
If a signal is received from a block with different ground reference, there must be an isolation or common mode rejection feature, e.g. differential signalling with sufficient common mode range. The potential difference must be limited though unless galvanic isolation (transformer, optocoupler) is used. Having the isolation/common mode rejectio
Hello, I know 180 degrees phase difference can be made using a trifilar transformer. The primary winding is the SE input and the other two secondary windings are connected so that the end of the first is connected to the beginning of the second. This point is the zero potential whereas the other two points are the 180 degrees phase difference. I w
111066 What I fail to understand is how to find if SHIELD is shorted to Point A or Point B Without Access to Secondary transformer Coil... We Have Access to Primary Winding,Shield and are provided with Signal Generator
Dear all, I want to step down a 500V(MAX)/50Hz AC waveform into 3.3V AC signal. In my circuit i can't use a transformer for this process. After that i will rectify the AC into DC by using a precision rectifier. While using a resistive potential divider i can able to step down the voltage as required. But if i use a precision rectifier along with
My boss gave me two numbers ptq and pt2 , 480/120 volts potential transformer of 150 VA , 60 Hertz to test because it was blowing fuses . I used 50 HZ supply for all my testing as 60 HZ is not available in the workshop . i did the following tests , i did the ratio test and it gave results very close to the ratio is is designed for i.e 4:1
try using a transformer (say 0- 6 VAC secondary) the secondary voltage converted to DC will be analogous to the line voltage...a potential divider network with suitable resistances will bring the voltage down to 5 VDC (at maximum voltage). There may be linearity errors..but on careful selection of resistors you could get an accurate reading.. Anot
Dose a analog 220V 50-60Hz can be measured I think this is possible, but I'd never ever connect the lines voltage directly to such an expensive and valuable instrument: always use an isolating transformer in between, at least if you can't be sure about the potential difference between your lines gro
How are you interfacing your potential transformer's and Current transformer's output to microcontroller?
Sorry, but that's not going to work. You can't just make a dual rail supply by using a potential divider, not a usable one anyway. Imagine if one side draws more current - the centre voltage changes. It looks like your transformer input has two sets of 15V windings. If so, connect them to get 15-0-15 volts (the end of the first winding connects
hi, Iam giving an input of (0-400)V to PT and i need an output of (0-700)mv. Iam giving the input from RF generator,which will give high frequency signal.Now the problem is,iam getting higer values as output but what i need is in the range of 0-700mv
Is potential transformer used for both single phase and three phase power lines.
a 110VAC 3 phase PT (potential transformer) is used for measuring 3 phase power in a high voltage site,Can we use the output of PT(110VAC) to power a small electronic measurement system that have internal switching power supply? Is there any error in power measurement?
That schematic looks plain wrong to me. You should NEVER ground one side of the telephone line, the incoming wires are balanced and both above ground potential. I'm surprised the telephone line still works at all. 1. Use an isolated power supply or alternatively, use an isolated phone line transformer so you have isolation from the phone l
It was a fairly common practice in small TV repair shops in the past where the chassis metal were floating at 1/2 mains potential. This was before sets became equipped with switching supplies which offered insulation. The correct method as mentioned should be via isolation transformer.
For current you can use current transformer and for voltage use potential transformer , out put of trasformer should go to ADC that u can read and hence can show the values.
I guess that is for isolation:1, safety reason, 2, different potential of linked two system. Is there any other reason we need transformer? If that's true, do I need transformer if I connect two PHY on the same board within 10cm. Should I put transformer close to port or PHY? My guess is close to PHY. thanks